Thursday, April 22, 2010

Keep Your Eyes Open

Thanks to "Popgun: Volume 1" I've started discovering new writers and artists, and so far one of the few who has stood out has been Nick Derington. I checked out his stuff online, and came across this picture.

carcrash01

Classifying things - or people - by comparisons to other things or people has always been a pet peeve of mine, both because it can subtract a certain amount of originality, and also because I can't always avoid doing it myself.

For instance, this picture up here shows that Derington's art is somewhat reminiscent of Darwyn Cooke, and the story inside "Popgun: Volume 1" is vaguely similar to John Romita Junior. None of that really matters though. I know I like how this looks, and the rest of his stuff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment