Wednesday, June 22, 2011
#039 - Let the Sadness Wash Over You
Approaching 40, we do what everyone does; pretend we're normal. Listen and see if we're right.We love getting Tweets, and the only way to send them is on Twitter. Join the elite ranks of awesome people who've emailed us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook is essential to yours, and our, existence. Please become our fan! Fanoff is gracious enough to love us every week, so show them some love too. Tumblr is a great place to build up your mental art gallery. Comic Booked has got our backs. Yeah! Download us on iTunes, and spread the word. Oh yeah.
• Intro - The opening of the show is where we're the most normal. After that, it's a coin toss.
• Topic Thunder - David Goyer has been tapped to adapt "100 Bullets" for the Showtime channel; Lucy Punch was cast as Deena Pilgrim, and Jason Patric was cast as Christian Walker in the "Powers" TV adaptation; and Green Lantern is a movie.
• Unnamed Fan Segment - We speak with listener and all around awesome guy Andi Preller, one of our listeners from Germany! He talks about "Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness" by Reinhard Kleist.
• Read 'Em and Weep - Ultimate Spider-Man #160, by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley.
• The Listen Bitches - On this week's show David picks "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver, off of the album "For Emma, Forever Ago;" Austin picks "Playground Love" by Air, from the Virgin Suicides soundtrack.
David Hopkins and Austin Wilson can argue about anything, even whether sadness is essential for happiness. This show runs 1:47:05 and might be a little down, but it's got moments of sunshine! Download it and other episodes on iTunes.
Posted by Hideous Energy at 8:31 AM
Labels: fan, Listen Bitches, podcast
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment