Saturday, April 28, 2012

Comic News!


If you listened to episode 81 you might've heard a tiny reference to a comic book project that I have in the works. It's true, I'm writing a 6 issue mini-series called Re•pro•duct: Self-Applied, which is being illustrated by Logan Faerber. It'll be published this year by 215 Ink, an awesome publisher out of Philadelphia.

Most of the clichés apply; it's a story that's very dear to my heart, something I've been working on for a long time, I've poured my heart and soul into this thing, blah blah blah. One cliché I won't mock, however, is that even though I wrote the story in solitude, it wasn't an entirely lonely process. I've been lucky to have as many amazing friends and family members as I do. They've supported me, and made it much easier to never give up on something that would have been so easy to walk away from.

After the 6 issues are published separately 215 Ink will sell them in a collected edition, and I already have the dedication in mind. I hope it does justice to the gratitude I feel.

For more updates on the comic as it's in-progress, follow @austinrwilson on Twitter.

-austin

No comments:

Post a Comment